This cocktail is a take from a cocktail that originated at the Shady Lady, a speakeasy in Sacramento. Nothing too crazy and super refreshing. The presentation can be killer too if you get it right. We had to use chopsticks at Kapow to get the cucumbers to stick to the side of the glass, but it worked and they stayed. I think it is one of the perfect summer cocktails. We made this one with Caorunn Gin. This is a great gin because it’s not too in your face. Feel free to substitute with any other mild gin.
- Collins Glass
- 1.5 oz Gin (preferably a milder gin)
- .5 oz St Germaine (Elderflower)
- .5 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 5-6 thin slices Cucumber
- lime zest
The How To:
- In a shaker combine Gin, St Germaine, Simple Syrup and Lemon Juice. Shake until very cold!
- Fill Collins glass 3/4 full of ice and drop cucumbers on top.
- Strain shaker liquid into glass and top with soda water.
- Stir with spoon (or chopstick) and push cucumbers to sides of glass so they stick.
- Finish with a lime zest.