I’ve been working diligently the past month and a half on a new Fall Cocktail Menu for Kapow Noodle Bar and it’s finally rolling out tonight. I know, it’s a tough job but someone’s gotta do it! 🙂 It has been a labor of love and I am giddy excited to see customers order from this menu and start getting feedback on what people like and don’t like. I tried to include some new creations using things like egg whites and Earl Grey infused gin and made to adjustments to some old standards. I’ll keep you posted on how it’s received and post some of the popular drink recipes in the near future.
Today, I want to share one of my new favorite cocktails that was designed for Kapow during October. It’s a friendly mesh of booze and beer called the Fall Back & Relax. Although we used keg beer, you can just as well use bottle beer. But make this cocktail quickly because it’s made with Pumpkin Beer which will be about of season in about a month!
The Good Stuff:
- 3/4 ounce ginger syrup
- 1 ounce Goslings Rum
- Pumpkin Beer (I prefer Pumpkin Head)
- Cinnamon Sugar Rim (2 parts sugar to 1 part cinnamon)
The How To:
- To Make Ginger Syrup: Use 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, and about 5-7 chunks of ginger. Heat to a boil, stirring regularly. Once the sugar is disolved, let it cool, leaving the ginger pieces in the syrup.
- In a shaker combine rum and ginger syrup and shake with no ice.)
- Rim a large glass with the cinnamon sugar.
- Fill glass with ice and pour the rum/syrup mixture in.
- Fill with beer and serve.
You want a large glass so you can get quite a bit of beer in it. The more beer, the more carbonation. I hope this becomes one of your favorite cocktails for the holidays as well!