It been raining like crazy here in Florida… More so than usual and it feels like it’s never going to end. So when thinking of a cocktail to feature this week, this one immediately came to mind. The dark and stormy. The dark & sotrmy is very popular in Bermuda and Australia and has been around since the 70’s. It’s also a popular drink amongst sailers and in The Keys. This is one of few cocktails that you can’t really put too much of your own flair on because it will significantly change the flavor and there is such a recent heritage to it. So here it is….
The Good Stuff:
- 4 oz. Fever Tree Ginger Beer
- 2 oz. Gosling’s Black Seal Rum
- Squeeze of lime wedge
- Garnish: candied ginger & lime wheel
The How To:
- Fill a collins glass with ice.
- Pour in ginger beer.
- Top with rum.
- Squeeze lime juice and garnish