In my last ditch efforts to hold onto the last of the seasonal cherries, I decided to approach another cocktail with them. Whenever I think of these sweet dark fruits, I can’t imagine anything better than bourbon to go with them. So this week we are going for the ever refreshing, summery Bourbon Cherry Fizz. This is definitely a cocktail for anyone. You don’t have to enjoy bourbon to fall in love with it.
You can use your favorite bourbon or if you don’t have one, use something approachable like Makers Mark or Bulleit. These are too powerful and mix well.
- 4 Cherry halves or 2 whole Cherries
- 1/2 ounce Lime Juice
- 1/4 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1.5 ounces Bourbon
- Soda Water
- Rocks Glass
- Shaker Tin
The How To:
- In a shaker tin combine cherries and lime juice and muddle.
- Pour in bourbon and simple syrup. Add ice and shake.
- Place fresh ice in a rocks glass and strain over ice.
- Garnish with a cherry with a stem.