Not hosting Thanksgiving this year means minimal leftovers… It also meant that we didn’t have to stress in the kitchen. But I think I would still take the weeks worth of work to celebrate at our home and cook for all our friends and family. So next year, it’s back on. We’re taking our Thanksgiving back. Still, we did manage to make it away with a few leftovers and with the weather being so perfectly chilly, I decided to make some Paleo Ham and Sweet Potato Soup. This soup is perfectly Paleo for your leftover ham and literally can be made in about 20 minutes! And I must say it is delicious. Vaughan couldn’t get enough.
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- Leftover Hams, chopped into bite size chunks (about 4 cups)
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
The How To:
- In a soup pan saute onions, celery, garlic and ham in oil until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer, stirring regularly.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender, then serve.