Soooooo…. I decided to enter a cocktail competition and I didn’t realize just how much work it was going to take. Creating the cocktail was the easy part. Now, getting people to vote on my cocktail is such a challenge! So here’s the deal. We have this thing every year in South Florida called the […]
Tag Archives | Tipsy Tuesday
The old fashioned cocktail came about in the 1880’s. Although, similar versions made of bitters, sugar, spirits, and water are dated back to the early 1800’s. It was typically a morning “hair of the dog” type of cocktail. There are a lot of versions of this time tried classic but I prefer to stay to […]
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Fall cocktails! The warm spices and rich flavors are just feel good tastes for the season. And nothing says Fall more than a chai tea latte… well, except for maybe a pumpkin latte! This is a cocktail I will be serving up on Thanksgiving that is sure […]
I’ve been working diligently the past month and a half on a new Fall Cocktail Menu for Kapow Noodle Bar and it’s finally rolling out tonight. I know, it’s a tough job but someone’s gotta do it! 🙂 It has been a labor of love and I am giddy excited to see customers order from […]
It been raining like crazy here in Florida… More so than usual and it feels like it’s never going to end. So when thinking of a cocktail to feature this week, this one immediately came to mind. The dark and stormy. The dark & sotrmy is very popular in Bermuda and Australia and has been […]
I really enjoy creating Kapow‘s specialty cocktails every week. Some are great and some are ok. It takes a while before you really have a handle on what your audience likes. I’m trying to introduce new flavors and not make them overly sweet (which Florida cocktails are known for). I get that we are a […]
I’ve been a little radio silent on the blog lately… We were in the process of moving the blog name over to More Than Paleo which I’m super stoked about and ended up dealing with some glitches in the process. Then all of a sudden I just completely fell behind. You know those times… when […]
In my last ditch efforts to hold onto the last of the seasonal cherries, I decided to approach another cocktail with them. Whenever I think of these sweet dark fruits, I can’t imagine anything better than bourbon to go with them. So this week we are going for the ever refreshing, summery Bourbon Cherry Fizz. […]
This cocktail is a take from a cocktail that originated at the Shady Lady, a speakeasy in Sacramento. Nothing too crazy and super refreshing. The presentation can be killer too if you get it right. We had to use chopsticks at Kapow to get the cucumbers to stick to the side of the glass, but […]
Ok, I’ll be honest… This recipe was not my creation BUT I think I did perfect it! And I actually wrote all of the steps out in detail so it can be replicated to perfection. I stumbled across the smoked lemonade recipe by accident on this website, but I did jazz it up a little […]
- Homemade Grain Free Dog Treats August 8, 2012
- The Invitation October 17, 2011
- Paleo Apple Butter May 14, 2012
- Our Wedding – A 30’s Themed Affair to Remember July 23, 2012
- Sweet Potato Brownies May 29, 2012
- Happy Mothers Day to ALL the AMAZING moms out there! May 8, 2016
- Spuni – Bassils first spoon March 24, 2016
- My birth story… March 23, 2016
- Being a baby’s chef…. March 22, 2016
- A letter to my husband on his first Fathers Day June 21, 2015
- Dysmar: Angela, i love how in detail you write your story....
- AngelaVieux: Thank you for your response. I heard about how you...
- Mary Quigg: Angela, reading your story brought back memories o...
- AngelaVieux: I have not but that may be a good option....
- AngelaVieux: Hi Dena! Here is the link to the mango salsa: htt...