Growing up with a German family there was never a shortage of sauerkraut. At least once a week we would have it in our meals. Usually with franks. Somewhere down the line, as I got older, it slowly disappeared. Not sure if our eating habits just changed or possible complaints from my brother and I. […]
Tag Archives | Side Dish
I’ve been reading “Deep Nutrition” by Dr. Catherine Shanahan, M.D., as one of my books for my Nutrition program. Let me just go ahead and say I HIGHLY recommend this book, especially for anyone interested in the history of how we are supposed to eat and more in depth information on how food affects us. Dr. […]
Holiday side dish? Abso-freakin-lutely! Of course, Vaughan is probably getting sick and tired of carrots… I’m pretty sure I cook them at least once every day. Secretly I’m just trying to get him to say ENOUGH! and take over the kitchen. Unfortunately my plan doesn’t seem to be working very well. So, in the mean […]
You can soak just about anything in vinegar and I am probably going to like it. Vinegar is just one of those flavors that I can’t seem to get enough of. Some people like salty, most love sugary, but for me the more it makes me pucker, the more I enjoy it. I was very […]
I went to Ellenville Farmer’s Market last Thursday to pick up our weekly organic produce basket and somehow managed to make it home with 3 mangoes as well. I’m such a sucker for fresh local fruit. Even though I know how high of a sugar content mango is, I just couldn’t resist. We really don’t […]
If you don’t like Brussels Sprouts, then you’ve never had them prepared right! This is such a delicious veggie, but not one that many will enjoy steamed or lightly sauteed. They’re hearty and can take a beating when being cooked. We love our Brussels Sprouts and would eat them AT LEAST once a week for […]
We love Caesar Salad. But only with our homemade dressing. I can’t remember the last time I actually purchased caesar salad dressing. It’s actually Vaughan’s recipe. I have to give credit where credit’s due, and it is my absolute favorite. Citrusy, light and packed full of flavor. And if you’ve never grilled your lettuce before, […]
Every week, on Thursdays, for the past couple of weeks we’ve been getting a basket of organic produce form Ellensville Farmers Market. For $35-$40 we get a basket full of eggs, greens and all sorts of mixed veggies, all organic of course. The first week we came home with potatoes, greens and a bit of […]
- Homemade Grain Free Dog Treats August 8, 2012
- The Invitation October 17, 2011
- Paleo Apple Butter May 14, 2012
- Our Wedding – A 30’s Themed Affair to Remember July 23, 2012
- Sweet Potato Brownies May 29, 2012
- Happy Mothers Day to ALL the AMAZING moms out there! May 8, 2016
- Spuni – Bassils first spoon March 24, 2016
- My birth story… March 23, 2016
- Being a baby’s chef…. March 22, 2016
- A letter to my husband on his first Fathers Day June 21, 2015
- Dysmar: Angela, i love how in detail you write your story....
- AngelaVieux: Thank you for your response. I heard about how you...
- Mary Quigg: Angela, reading your story brought back memories o...
- AngelaVieux: I have not but that may be a good option....
- AngelaVieux: Hi Dena! Here is the link to the mango salsa: htt...