Grandma’s garden always seemed to have fresh herbs no matter the season. Fragrant, full and beautiful. At least that’s they way I remember it… She could cook, heal wounds, tell stories, and make a mean meal from that garden. This cocktail is an ode to grandmas everywhere. Simple, but sure to please. And if you […]
Tag Archives | Recipe
If you don’t like Brussels Sprouts, then you’ve never had them prepared right! This is such a delicious veggie, but not one that many will enjoy steamed or lightly sauteed. They’re hearty and can take a beating when being cooked. We love our Brussels Sprouts and would eat them AT LEAST once a week for […]
With the peak of mango season at hand and everyone’s trees getting ready to drop here isn sunny Florida, you will be seeing several mango recipes from me. We only get these beauties in all of their glory once a year. After this, they are picked green, shipped around the world and gassed to ripen.. […]
One of the biggest challenges with living a Paleo lifestyle is finding good food on the go. Unfortunately 99.9% of portable “food” is all processed crap full of sugar, sodium, fat and products that we shouldn’t even be consuming. Granola bars were always one of my favorite travel snacks, prior to eating Paleo, because they […]
There isn’t much I can say about this dessert other than AMAZING! So I’m just going to cut to the chase and throw you the recipe. Figs and vanilla beans are probably not something you just have lying around the house (oddly enough, I did), but I highly recommend gathering the ingredients and giving this […]
This is one of Vaughan’s recipes that started a couple of years ago during our marathon days. We were watching the morning show and the guest chef was cooking a “runner’s stew.” It sounded absolutely amazing that early in the morning and we thought, “hey, they say it’s good for runners, and we’re runners, let’s […]
There is so much you can cook in your crockpot or slow cooker, it’s not just for soups and chilis. The best thing about a crockpot is how easy it makes a meal. Throw a bunch of ingredients in, set the timer and let it do it’s thing. We got one as a gift for […]
Zucchini is seeing some action this season on all the blogs. It is finally getting the credit it deserves. Currently in full season, this veggie is packed full of healthful benefits. Zucchini helps lower cholesterol and is believed to be a fighter in the prostate cancer ring. It also lowers blood pressure and is high […]
If you are looking for that gooey, stretchy, puffy cinnamon roll that we all ate when we were kids at our grandmothers house, then you should probably move on. BUT, if you are looking for that awesome cinnamon, sweet, sinful taste that you remember so much without the wheat and tons of sugar, then this […]
Delicious Sauce! You don’t have to like swordfish to try the sauce. It’s great on almost any fish and really good with shrimp and scallops. I love making sauces with coconut milk because it is a great way to get some healthy fat into your meal with a ton of flavor. The Good Stuff: Swordfish […]
- Homemade Grain Free Dog Treats August 8, 2012
- The Invitation October 17, 2011
- Paleo Apple Butter May 14, 2012
- Our Wedding – A 30’s Themed Affair to Remember July 23, 2012
- Sweet Potato Brownies May 29, 2012
- Happy Mothers Day to ALL the AMAZING moms out there! May 8, 2016
- Spuni – Bassils first spoon March 24, 2016
- My birth story… March 23, 2016
- Being a baby’s chef…. March 22, 2016
- A letter to my husband on his first Fathers Day June 21, 2015
- Dysmar: Angela, i love how in detail you write your story....
- AngelaVieux: Thank you for your response. I heard about how you...
- Mary Quigg: Angela, reading your story brought back memories o...
- AngelaVieux: I have not but that may be a good option....
- AngelaVieux: Hi Dena! Here is the link to the mango salsa: htt...