Tart, tangy and sweet, grapefruits are typically a love them or leave them type of fruit. But if you can get them on the sweeter side, when they are in season, nothing can be more satisfying during a Saturday morning breakfast. I’ll admit, I used to have a thing for gin and fresh squeezed grapefruit, […]
Tag Archives | Paleo Recipe
This is one of Vaughan’s recipes that started a couple of years ago during our marathon days. We were watching the morning show and the guest chef was cooking a “runner’s stew.” It sounded absolutely amazing that early in the morning and we thought, “hey, they say it’s good for runners, and we’re runners, let’s […]
Although most people will agree that apple butter seems to be a perfect fall recipe, for me it is the perfect anytime recipe when organic apples are on sale. I can’t resist homemade apple sauce or apple butter, and this past weekend I gathered a couple varieties of apples from the store that were really […]
Rain, rain, go away… It’s that season in Florida and we know how bad we need the rain. Rain always makes me want to turn down the air, snuggle up, read a book and eat a comforting warm bowl of soup for dinner. This soup tastes just like your grandma’s homemade soup and is incredibly […]
There is so much you can cook in your crockpot or slow cooker, it’s not just for soups and chilis. The best thing about a crockpot is how easy it makes a meal. Throw a bunch of ingredients in, set the timer and let it do it’s thing. We got one as a gift for […]
Zucchini is seeing some action this season on all the blogs. It is finally getting the credit it deserves. Currently in full season, this veggie is packed full of healthful benefits. Zucchini helps lower cholesterol and is believed to be a fighter in the prostate cancer ring. It also lowers blood pressure and is high […]
If you are looking for that gooey, stretchy, puffy cinnamon roll that we all ate when we were kids at our grandmothers house, then you should probably move on. BUT, if you are looking for that awesome cinnamon, sweet, sinful taste that you remember so much without the wheat and tons of sugar, then this […]
Delicious Sauce! You don’t have to like swordfish to try the sauce. It’s great on almost any fish and really good with shrimp and scallops. I love making sauces with coconut milk because it is a great way to get some healthy fat into your meal with a ton of flavor. The Good Stuff: Swordfish […]
We love Caesar Salad. But only with our homemade dressing. I can’t remember the last time I actually purchased caesar salad dressing. It’s actually Vaughan’s recipe. I have to give credit where credit’s due, and it is my absolute favorite. Citrusy, light and packed full of flavor. And if you’ve never grilled your lettuce before, […]
Love it! That’s all that really needs to be said about this dish. It’s fairly quick and really easy. Plus I cook up extra chicken when I’m making it so that I’ll have lunch for the next couple days. The flavors are perfect. This dish is a regular request of Vaughan’s in our house. Now, […]
- Homemade Grain Free Dog Treats August 8, 2012
- The Invitation October 17, 2011
- Paleo Apple Butter May 14, 2012
- Our Wedding – A 30’s Themed Affair to Remember July 23, 2012
- Sweet Potato Brownies May 29, 2012
- Happy Mothers Day to ALL the AMAZING moms out there! May 8, 2016
- Spuni – Bassils first spoon March 24, 2016
- My birth story… March 23, 2016
- Being a baby’s chef…. March 22, 2016
- A letter to my husband on his first Fathers Day June 21, 2015
- Dysmar: Angela, i love how in detail you write your story....
- AngelaVieux: Thank you for your response. I heard about how you...
- Mary Quigg: Angela, reading your story brought back memories o...
- AngelaVieux: I have not but that may be a good option....
- AngelaVieux: Hi Dena! Here is the link to the mango salsa: htt...