‘Wait until they are 6 months before starting solids.’ ‘Start at 4 months.. the sooner the better for the palate.’ ‘Start them on rice milk right away to get them to sleep through the night.’ ‘Food is for fun before year one.’ ‘Don’t feed your baby until he can feed himself.’ ‘Only start with pureed […]
Tag Archives | More Than Paleo
I’ve kept my mouth shut for a while (22 weeks to be exact) because I didn’t want to offend anyone or hurt anyones feelings. I know most of the people who talk to me about being pregnant, going into labor, or being a parent have good intentions and want to help. Or at least I always […]
Cat’s out of the bag. Finally! I’M PREGNANT!!!! We are so incredibly excited and even more so that we can share this information with the world. We just announced it on Facebook and you know how nothing is real until it’s on Facebook. Not truly friends until your friends on Facebook… Not really in a […]
Do you ever hear a quote that stops you dead in your tracks? The kind that makes you take pause and just stays with you? One that you will forever repeat and think about… I heard one today and felt the urge to share it. I was listening to my favorite podcaster Angelo Coppola from […]
In the midst of summer heat and humidity, insect repellent is a must in some areas of the world if we don’t want to become bug food immediately upon going outdoors. We spray it on while holding our breath and closing our eyes, wait for it to settle, take a big gasp of air sucking […]
There seems to be an ongoing debate on whether organic food is actually more nutritious than its conventional counterpart. Spending several years teaching organics and the NOPs certifying program, I personally can’t imagine how conventional food could even compare to organic food – which is grown in more nutrient rich soil without the aid of […]
I’ll be honest, I don’t really eat ice cream. In fact, the few times I have had some in the past several years it didn’t sit right with me. I almost always got an immediate stomach ache that lasted for hours. And I knew it had nothing to do with the dairy as dairy still […]
“Going Paleo” means eliminating grains. ALL grains! – which can have a drastic effect on your body and blood sugar levels. Dense carbs, like grains, break down into simple sugars (glucose) in our digestive system. When over consumed, or consumed in the standard manner (through refined products), these types of carbs spike blood sugar levels, […]
In the next months and years we will be hearing a LOT about FODMAPs and low FODMAP diets. Partly due to the recent gluten intolerance study (which I walk talk about in an upcoming post) and partly in due to an increasing number of people suffering from IBS. A low FODMAP diet first originated from a research […]
We are a coffee addicted nation. We drink it to get moving in the morning, as a mid morning push through, after lunch, and a mid afternoon pick me up just to get us through the day. In the latest National Coffee Association Study, 63% of Americans drink coffee daily with about 80% drinking it […]
- Homemade Grain Free Dog Treats August 8, 2012
- The Invitation October 17, 2011
- Paleo Apple Butter May 14, 2012
- Our Wedding – A 30’s Themed Affair to Remember July 23, 2012
- Sweet Potato Brownies May 29, 2012
- Happy Mothers Day to ALL the AMAZING moms out there! May 8, 2016
- Spuni – Bassils first spoon March 24, 2016
- My birth story… March 23, 2016
- Being a baby’s chef…. March 22, 2016
- A letter to my husband on his first Fathers Day June 21, 2015
- Dysmar: Angela, i love how in detail you write your story....
- AngelaVieux: Thank you for your response. I heard about how you...
- Mary Quigg: Angela, reading your story brought back memories o...
- AngelaVieux: I have not but that may be a good option....
- AngelaVieux: Hi Dena! Here is the link to the mango salsa: htt...