Ya I went there. So many of us who board the Paleo train immediately look for a bread recipe to substitute the much missed chewy, soft, yeasty yumminess that we have diligently given up. We jump from “bread” recipe to “bread” recipe hoping that something will satisfy that dark hole that is now in our […]
Tag Archives | Grain Free
I love my doggies! And I love to spoil them! But I have a little challenge when it comes to dog treats. My chocolate lab Maddox will eat anything (no problem there), but the other 2 dogs are a little challenging. Andi, our Great Dane, is super picky when it comes to food. We used […]
Vaughan and I just got back from Mexico and believe it or not I couldn’t wait to get back in the kitchen. We stayed at an all-inclusive and I have to be honest, not having to really think about dinner for a week was nice. The down side, (yes, there is a downside) is that […]
Green juicing seems to be all the rage these days. I’ve heard people talking about it, been reading about it everywhere, and quite a few people have been asking me about the best way to ensure they are getting enough nutrients. Well, this is one sure fire way. I’ve been writing for Fighter 411 magazine […]
Shrimp cocktail is a must appetizer in our house but I absolutely HATE how much sugar is in cocktail sauce. Last week our friend dropped off some fresh yellow tomatoes from his garden so I decided to give a try at making my own. Now, it doesn’t taste like the typical cocktail sauces we are […]
There are very few things in this world better than chicken skins… Except maybe bacon. But still chicken skins are a close second. I’ve been buying whole chickens instead of just the breasts or thighs and cutting them up myself. I keep the back and innards for stock. Just seal the pieces up in a […]
I’ve been reading “Deep Nutrition” by Dr. Catherine Shanahan, M.D., as one of my books for my Nutrition program. Let me just go ahead and say I HIGHLY recommend this book, especially for anyone interested in the history of how we are supposed to eat and more in depth information on how food affects us. Dr. […]
OMG! These are fantabulous!!! I always need something that I can grab for a quick food fix and these really hit the spot! They make a great appetizer, breakfast food, or a snack on the go. I took the recipe from www.paleomg.com and adjusted it for my needs. I can’t wait to try them with […]
If you have never had Osso Buco then you are truly missing out on one of the yummiest dishes around! Osso Buco is Italian for “bone with a hole” which refers to the marrow hole at the center of the cross cut veal shank. This dish’s primary ingredient, veal shank, is common, relatively cheap and flavorful. […]
Totally not the tacos we think of with Mexican food. These babies were made in an effort to throw something together from the fridge without having to go grocery shopping. The seasoning really gives the meat a taco flavor without all of the additives of those seasoning packs. Vaughan scarfed them down and I […]
- Homemade Grain Free Dog Treats August 8, 2012
- The Invitation October 17, 2011
- Paleo Apple Butter May 14, 2012
- Our Wedding – A 30’s Themed Affair to Remember July 23, 2012
- Sweet Potato Brownies May 29, 2012
- Happy Mothers Day to ALL the AMAZING moms out there! May 8, 2016
- Spuni – Bassils first spoon March 24, 2016
- My birth story… March 23, 2016
- Being a baby’s chef…. March 22, 2016
- A letter to my husband on his first Fathers Day June 21, 2015
- Dysmar: Angela, i love how in detail you write your story....
- AngelaVieux: Thank you for your response. I heard about how you...
- Mary Quigg: Angela, reading your story brought back memories o...
- AngelaVieux: I have not but that may be a good option....
- AngelaVieux: Hi Dena! Here is the link to the mango salsa: htt...