Shrimp cocktail is a must appetizer in our house but I absolutely HATE how much sugar is in cocktail sauce. Last week our friend dropped off some fresh yellow tomatoes from his garden so I decided to give a try at making my own. Now, it doesn’t taste like the typical cocktail sauces we are […]
Tag Archives | Gluten Free
I’ve been reading “Deep Nutrition” by Dr. Catherine Shanahan, M.D., as one of my books for my Nutrition program. Let me just go ahead and say I HIGHLY recommend this book, especially for anyone interested in the history of how we are supposed to eat and more in depth information on how food affects us. Dr. […]
OMG! These are fantabulous!!! I always need something that I can grab for a quick food fix and these really hit the spot! They make a great appetizer, breakfast food, or a snack on the go. I took the recipe from www.paleomg.com and adjusted it for my needs. I can’t wait to try them with […]
If you have never had Osso Buco then you are truly missing out on one of the yummiest dishes around! Osso Buco is Italian for “bone with a hole” which refers to the marrow hole at the center of the cross cut veal shank. This dish’s primary ingredient, veal shank, is common, relatively cheap and flavorful. […]
Every once in a while when Vaughan goes shopping he comes home with some random food we usually don’t cook. This week it was large portabella mushrooms. Some of them I grilled and the others I decided to make breakfast out of. Store mushrooms in a paper bag inside a fridge. Never store in plastic […]
Totally not the tacos we think of with Mexican food. These babies were made in an effort to throw something together from the fridge without having to go grocery shopping. The seasoning really gives the meat a taco flavor without all of the additives of those seasoning packs. Vaughan scarfed them down and I […]
Ok, I have to admit it… I have a pancake obsession! I’m not sure exactly why, but when I actually have time to make breakfast I always seem to want to make pancakes. Maybe because they’re a childhood treat that seems to take me back, or maybe it’s the simplicity of eating them with your […]
After all the indulgences of the holidays, I had decided to go completely sugar free for one month. Starting after we finished off the last of the brownies my hubby made. I gave up ALL sugar, to include fruit as well. I made it about 2 weeks, when I came across organic blueberries on sale […]
So maybe it’s not pasta, but it’s the next best thing and so much better for you. Plus, unlike pasta, I don’t feel lethargic after I chow down on this meal. Vaughan likes to make his fauxghetti with spaghetti squash. Personally, that is not a quash I like. It’s too sweet, so I use zucchini. […]
With a little creativity, you can eat Paleo and not miss out on anything! Who would have thought that you can make grain free crackers that are perfectly crunchy and delicious! The only set back is that they only have about a 3 day shelf life in an air tight container. But no worries, they […]
- Homemade Grain Free Dog Treats August 8, 2012
- The Invitation October 17, 2011
- Paleo Apple Butter May 14, 2012
- Our Wedding – A 30’s Themed Affair to Remember July 23, 2012
- Sweet Potato Brownies May 29, 2012
- Happy Mothers Day to ALL the AMAZING moms out there! May 8, 2016
- Spuni – Bassils first spoon March 24, 2016
- My birth story… March 23, 2016
- Being a baby’s chef…. March 22, 2016
- A letter to my husband on his first Fathers Day June 21, 2015
- Dysmar: Angela, i love how in detail you write your story....
- AngelaVieux: Thank you for your response. I heard about how you...
- Mary Quigg: Angela, reading your story brought back memories o...
- AngelaVieux: I have not but that may be a good option....
- AngelaVieux: Hi Dena! Here is the link to the mango salsa: htt...