“Going Paleo” means eliminating grains. ALL grains! – which can have a drastic effect on your body and blood sugar levels. Dense carbs, like grains, break down into simple sugars (glucose) in our digestive system. When over consumed, or consumed in the standard manner (through refined products), these types of carbs spike blood sugar levels, […]
Tag Archives | Gluten Free
Ya I went there. So many of us who board the Paleo train immediately look for a bread recipe to substitute the much missed chewy, soft, yeasty yumminess that we have diligently given up. We jump from “bread” recipe to “bread” recipe hoping that something will satisfy that dark hole that is now in our […]
I love my doggies! And I love to spoil them! But I have a little challenge when it comes to dog treats. My chocolate lab Maddox will eat anything (no problem there), but the other 2 dogs are a little challenging. Andi, our Great Dane, is super picky when it comes to food. We used […]
Mmmmm. Doesn’t that just sound amazing! I know for all you Paleo purists out there this isn’t strict Paleo. But that’s why my blog is called MORE Than Paleo! It’s still a better option for a dessert than traditional recipes. And don’t tell me that you aren’t thinking about licking the screen right now. […]
I just realized I haven’t posted a recipe for chicken broth. Blasphemy I tell you! There is no other staple more important in a properly stocked kitchen then homemade broth or stock. It is the quintessential base for any good dish. Look into any proper restaurant kitchen in the world and there will be a […]
YUM! Let’s just start off with that statement… I’ve seen these bars at our local Whole Foods but was hesitant to purchase them. Mainly because of the price. I honestly can’t remember how much they were but my guess was that they were over $4 per bar. Well to my surprise, two boxes of […]
Growing up with a German family there was never a shortage of sauerkraut. At least once a week we would have it in our meals. Usually with franks. Somewhere down the line, as I got older, it slowly disappeared. Not sure if our eating habits just changed or possible complaints from my brother and I. […]
I sent a snapshot of these babies to Vaughan yesterday while he was at work. His response: “What is that?” Mine: “Who cares! They’re wrapped in bacon!” Don’t we feel that way about everything? I know I do. Especially if that something is sweet like figs. Salty and sweet just go together oh so nicely. […]
Vaughan and I just got back from Mexico and believe it or not I couldn’t wait to get back in the kitchen. We stayed at an all-inclusive and I have to be honest, not having to really think about dinner for a week was nice. The down side, (yes, there is a downside) is that […]
Green juicing seems to be all the rage these days. I’ve heard people talking about it, been reading about it everywhere, and quite a few people have been asking me about the best way to ensure they are getting enough nutrients. Well, this is one sure fire way. I’ve been writing for Fighter 411 magazine […]
- Homemade Grain Free Dog Treats August 8, 2012
- The Invitation October 17, 2011
- Paleo Apple Butter May 14, 2012
- Our Wedding – A 30’s Themed Affair to Remember July 23, 2012
- Sweet Potato Brownies May 29, 2012
- Happy Mothers Day to ALL the AMAZING moms out there! May 8, 2016
- Spuni – Bassils first spoon March 24, 2016
- My birth story… March 23, 2016
- Being a baby’s chef…. March 22, 2016
- A letter to my husband on his first Fathers Day June 21, 2015
- Dysmar: Angela, i love how in detail you write your story....
- AngelaVieux: Thank you for your response. I heard about how you...
- Mary Quigg: Angela, reading your story brought back memories o...
- AngelaVieux: I have not but that may be a good option....
- AngelaVieux: Hi Dena! Here is the link to the mango salsa: htt...