I don’t make enough soup! It’s so easy and yet something that is definitely missing in our home. Soups have been around… well, pretty much as long as cooking has been around. They are an easy dish that allows us to use all our ingredients without putting anything to waste. It’s a way to extend […]
Tag Archives | Entree
Shepherd’s pie, also known as cottage pie, is typically made with a crust of mashed potatoes and sprinkling of cheese. The term cottage pie is known to have been in use in 1791,when the potato was being introduced as an edible crop affordable for the poor (“cottage” meaning a modest dwelling for rural workers). Substituting mashed cauliflower for […]
We all know how great salmon is for us and added bonus is you can cook it a hundred different ways. Blackened salmon is nice during the summer when served with a cool refreshing salad or a chilled salsa, like mango salsa here. This is another easy recipe. You can make it as spicy or […]
Who doesn’t love a good bruschetta mix on a hot summer’s day? Cold, colorful, and full of flavor. Being used to serving bruschetta on bread, it kind of went out of the window for us for a while. Until, I realized it doesn’t have to go anywhere. Bruschetta can still have a place in our […]
Zucchini is seeing some action this season on all the blogs. It is finally getting the credit it deserves. Currently in full season, this veggie is packed full of healthful benefits. Zucchini helps lower cholesterol and is believed to be a fighter in the prostate cancer ring. It also lowers blood pressure and is high […]
Delicious Sauce! You don’t have to like swordfish to try the sauce. It’s great on almost any fish and really good with shrimp and scallops. I love making sauces with coconut milk because it is a great way to get some healthy fat into your meal with a ton of flavor. The Good Stuff: Swordfish […]
Love it! That’s all that really needs to be said about this dish. It’s fairly quick and really easy. Plus I cook up extra chicken when I’m making it so that I’ll have lunch for the next couple days. The flavors are perfect. This dish is a regular request of Vaughan’s in our house. Now, […]
Let’s just be real here… There isn’t ANYTHING better than my mom’s country fried chicken with white gravy! oh how I miss that meal. So I’m not even going to pretend that this fancy (easy) dish is BETTER than fried chicken. BUT it is better for you, easier to make and absolutely tasty. Plus, you […]
I enjoy Indian food. The aromas and the unique powerful flavors. The textures of the meats and the creamy sauces. All the spices and herbs just make this cuisine unique and fabulous. The (very few) nights where Vaughan and I don’t feel like cooking or going out, we will usually end up ordering Indian food. […]
- Homemade Grain Free Dog Treats August 8, 2012
- The Invitation October 17, 2011
- Paleo Apple Butter May 14, 2012
- Our Wedding – A 30’s Themed Affair to Remember July 23, 2012
- Sweet Potato Brownies May 29, 2012
- Happy Mothers Day to ALL the AMAZING moms out there! May 8, 2016
- Spuni – Bassils first spoon March 24, 2016
- My birth story… March 23, 2016
- Being a baby’s chef…. March 22, 2016
- A letter to my husband on his first Fathers Day June 21, 2015
- Dysmar: Angela, i love how in detail you write your story....
- AngelaVieux: Thank you for your response. I heard about how you...
- Mary Quigg: Angela, reading your story brought back memories o...
- AngelaVieux: I have not but that may be a good option....
- AngelaVieux: Hi Dena! Here is the link to the mango salsa: htt...