Ok, I have to admit it… I have a pancake obsession! I’m not sure exactly why, but when I actually have time to make breakfast I always seem to want to make pancakes. Maybe because they’re a childhood treat that seems to take me back, or maybe it’s the simplicity of eating them with your hands as little edible floppy disks. Either way, I love making them and eating them. I’m always trying to find new ways to make flavorful pancakes, but the best are typically the ones made with almond butter. This is a simple recipe I threw together this morning. They turned out GREAT!
The Good Stuff:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter (get the kind without added sugar)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon chopped dark chocolate (min 70% dark)
- Coconut Oil
The How To:
- Mash the banana and beat the eggs then add the ingredients together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Heat up coconut oil over medium heat in a pan.
- Drop by the glob full on the heated pan and cook until sides start to bubble then flip.
- Makes about 8 pancakes.