OMG! These are fantabulous!!! I always need something that I can grab for a quick food fix and these really hit the spot! They make a great appetizer, breakfast food, or a snack on the go. I took the recipe from www.paleomg.com and adjusted it for my needs. I can’t wait to try them with different ingredients.
I have been cooking like a mad woman lately and had to give you these treats first. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
The Good Stuff:
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 5 eggs
- 5 tablespoons bacon grease
- 5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1.5 cups cooked sausage
- Jalapeños (to taste)
The How To:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the sweet potatoes (either in the oven or by boiling) and mash with a fork. Let cool.
- Whip eggs then add eggs and grease to potatoes, mixing well.
- Mix in all the rest of the ingredients.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the batter onto the paper.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until the tops are browned.
Makes about 29 – 30 biscuits.