Shrimp cocktail is a must appetizer in our house but I absolutely HATE how much sugar is in cocktail sauce. Last week our friend dropped off some fresh yellow tomatoes from his garden so I decided to give a try at making my own. Now, it doesn’t taste like the typical cocktail sauces we are all used to, but it is so much better for you and tastes so yummy fresh. I actually prefer this cocktail sauce to any store bought. It will store in the fridge for up to a week and you can use any type of tomatoes. Use any leftover as a sauce for fish.
- 2 large tomatoes (peeled and seeded)
- 1 tablespoon white onion, finely chopped
- Juice from half lemon
- Fresh horseradish, grated (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
The How To:
- Place all ingredients in food processor and puree. Add just a little bit of horseradish at a time.
- Taste and add more salt and horseradish as needed.
- Chill then serve.