Nothing says Fall better than Butternut Squash Soup! This is an easy soup to make Paleo because it is naturally creamy in texture and already has such an amazing flavor on it’s own that it doesn’t need much help.
Butternut squash is super high in vitamin A which promotes vision health, bone growth, cell function, reproduction, and a healthy immune system. It s also a good source of Antioxidents, Vitamin C and E. It’s orange color also indicates it’s high in beta carotene.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons of organic/grass fed butter or coconut oil
- 1 apple (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt to taste
The How To:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Halve the butternut squash lengthwise. and place in a baking dish skin side down.
- Smear 2 tablespoons of butter or oil on the tops of each half then sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Be sparing with the nutmeg.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 – 1 1/2 hours until the flesh is tender.
- Saute 1 tablespoon of oil or butter with apple and onion until tender (about 7-10 minutes).
- Puree apple mixture and combine with broth.
- Once squash is finished, let cool and puree until smooth.
- Combine squash with broth/apple mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Salt to taste and add a little more cinnamon to taste. Pull off heat and serve.