Ahhh yes, another chicken recipe. And why not? This bird is so versatile and can work with any flavor you throw at it. This recipe came from wanting to make something different for lunch. Simple, satisfying and ready when I am. The ingredients can easily be switched out for whatever flavors you like. Don’t want mushrooms and onions? How about artichokes and roasted red peppers? Play around with what’s in your fridge and see what you can come up with and share below.
The Good Stuff:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/4 cup parmesan (This can be left out. I recommend adding a little bit of almond flour for texture and adhesiveness if you choose not not use parmesan.)
- Seasoning (Your preference, I use italian seasonings.)
- Salt and Pepper
The How To:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Over medium heat, heat up ghee and add onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pull off heat and scoop into a bowl. Mix in parmesan cheese and let rest while preparing chicken.
- Individually, place chicken breast between plastic wrap and using a mallet, pound out until thin.
- Divide mixture into 1/4ths and place a 1/4th in each chicken. Roll up and place seam side down in a pan.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
Choose your stuffing. I used mushrooms, onions and garlic.
Mich stuffing ingredients together then choose a binder. I used parmesan. You could also use a little bit of almond flower or egg.
Pound out the chicken and line filling inside.
Roll up the chicken and place in oiled pan seam side down.
Season chicken with your favorite seasonings. Cover with aluminum foil and cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook another 10 minutes.
Slice and serve!