Delicious Sauce! You don’t have to like swordfish to try the sauce. It’s great on almost any fish and really good with shrimp and scallops. I love making sauces with coconut milk because it is a great way to get some healthy fat into your meal with a ton of flavor.
The Good Stuff:
- Swordfish (or any other fish or shellfish you prefer)
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 Serrano pepper, diced (choose pepper and amount according to your preference for heat and flavor)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened coconut
The How To:
- Heat coconut milk and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- In a blender, blend milk mixture, lime juice and pepper.
- Blend in coconut oil to the mixture.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in toasted coconut and basil.
- NOTE: To toast coconut, spread coconut out on baking pan and bake at 350 degrees until coconut begins to brown (3 – 5 minutes).
For the Fish:
- Soak Skewers for 20 minutes
- Cube the fish into approximately 1″ by 1″ cubes
- Skewer the fish (4 – 5 pieces per skewer)
- Lightly salt and pepper fish then lightly roll in olive oil.
- Grill over medium/high heat, flipping every couple of minutes. (About 10 minutes of grilling)
- Plate fish and pour sauce over the top. Serve