We love Caesar Salad. But only with our homemade dressing. I can’t remember the last time I actually purchased caesar salad dressing. It’s actually Vaughan’s recipe. I have to give credit where credit’s due, and it is my absolute favorite. Citrusy, light and packed full of flavor. And if you’ve never grilled your lettuce before, you have to try this recipe. It brings a whole new element to a salad.
The Good Stuff:
- 1-2 heads of Romaine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- Dash of Worcester
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Bacon (optional)
The How To:
- Slice the romaine heart in half lengthwise, keeping the stem in place. If the hearts are large, you can quarter them,
- Lightly brush the flat side with olive oil.
- Place sliced side down on the grill over medium high heat for about 1 minute (until slightly charred).
- Mix together, olive oil, mustard, garlic, lemon juice and worcester. This mixture will have to be whisked well.
- Cut the stem off of the grilled romaine and slice in 1 inch strips.
- Mix with dressing (add a little at a time until you get the consistency you prefer), then add parm and bacon if you like.