With a little creativity, you can eat Paleo and not miss out on anything! Who would have thought that you can make grain free crackers that are perfectly crunchy and delicious! The only set back is that they only have about a 3 day shelf life in an air tight container. But no worries, they never last that long in our house as it is.
The Good Stuff:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (+ some)
- Seasoning (choose whatever flavor you’re feeling – italian, rosemary, dried vinegar, etc. and adjust accordingly)
The How To:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine flour, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place batter on top.
- Lay another sheet of parchment paper on top of batter.
- Using a rolling pin (or a wine bottle, if you are like me) roll out the batter really thin to near the edges of the parchment paper. The thinner the crispier. I like mine really thin.
- Carefully pull away top sheet of parchment paper and lightly salt.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes. Baking time will vary depending on how thick or thin your batter is. You want the crackers to be brown all over.
Combine flour, egg and seasoning in bowl.
Form batter and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Place another sheet of parchment paper on top and roll out using whatever you can find… (rolling pin, wine bottle, whatever…)
Carefully pull back top sheet of parchment paper and bake at 350 for 10 – 15 minutes.
Bake the crackers until light brown. The lighter spots are where the crackers are thicker.
Break into pieces and serve.