Once you try this recipe you are going to love it. Besides being easy (which is always a selling point for me) its delicious and you can practically clean out your fridge of any veggies you need to use. It may not look fancy, but trust me on this one.
- 2-4 chicken breasts (you can use thighs as well)
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (this amount stays the same whether you have 2 or 4 pieces of chicken)
- 4-5 cups chopped veggies (I used peppers, squash, onions & carrots – dice them into large chunks)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
The How To:
- Rinse off the chicken and pat dry with a paper towel. Rub salt, pepper and paprika on both sides (amounts depend on your preference).
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute chicken 2-3 minutes on each side until brown.
- Pour in chicken broth and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes, occasionally flipping the chicken.
- Add in all the veggies, including garlic and basil. Stir, cover and simmer until done (about 10-12 minutes). You may have to stir the veggies a couple times. I pulled my chicken up to rest on top of the veggies as they were simmering.