One thing all nutrition experts will agree on is that as a society we need to let go of highly processed and refined foods and convert our eating to a whole foods diet rich in nutrients. All the research out there supports the benefits of eating whole foods while cautioning the consumer of the dangers […]
Archive | Better U RSS feed for this section
I came across this image today and thought about a conversation I had a couple weekends ago with Bob. For those of you who don’t know or haven’t been following along, Bob is Vaughan and I’s Spiritual Life Coach, good friend, and the one who married us. We always make a point to have dinner […]
I’ve been reading “Deep Nutrition” by Dr. Catherine Shanahan, M.D., as one of my books for my Nutrition program. Let me just go ahead and say I HIGHLY recommend this book, especially for anyone interested in the history of how we are supposed to eat and more in depth information on how food affects us. Dr. […]
Let me begin this post by saying, I know nothing… Ok, I kind of know some things but in this vast universe of information and changing information every day, I feel as though I know nothing on a regular basis. My intention of this post is only to inform of my experience and my thoughts […]
When my family asked me why I wanted to go back to school to get my Masters In Holistic Nutrition, I told them it’s because I’m sick of the food industry and I want to do something about it. Money is what got us into this mess, and money is going to get us out […]
Wow! I need to slow down for a while and catch my breath! It has been a fast and busy couple of weeks. I have been working on finalizing the Spring/Summer cocktail menu for Kapow and we have some seriously fascinating treats we will be showcasing on the menu. A couple include: “Lavender Lemondrop,” “Earth, […]
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) estimates around 36 million people in the United States alone suffer from seasonal allergies. We sneeze, sniff, cough and gross out those around us… We can take prescriptions or over the counter medicines but sometimes the side effects are worse than the allergies and who knows what the long […]
Oh you know those clothes…. The ones that no longer fit cause you’ve been working hard, losing weight, getting fit, and look amazing! Buuuuuttttt they still manage to claim a space in your closet “just in case.” Well, there is no time better to purge those clothes and that attitude than now. You know […]
Last week, on my way to Oklahoma I came across an article discussing the new food ingredient guide supplied by the International Food Information Council (IFIC). The IFIC claims that this guide was developed to help consumers understand what is in their food in “simple” terms. It is intended to be a resource for label readers […]
I’m married to a Social Networker. Oh this is not new news to me (or probably many of you) and I came willingly into this marriage full aware of this knowledge. If you too are married to a social networker then you understand the full extent of what this means… If you are not, well […]
- Homemade Grain Free Dog Treats August 8, 2012
- The Invitation October 17, 2011
- Paleo Apple Butter May 14, 2012
- Our Wedding – A 30’s Themed Affair to Remember July 23, 2012
- Sweet Potato Brownies May 29, 2012
- Happy Mothers Day to ALL the AMAZING moms out there! May 8, 2016
- Spuni – Bassils first spoon March 24, 2016
- My birth story… March 23, 2016
- Being a baby’s chef…. March 22, 2016
- A letter to my husband on his first Fathers Day June 21, 2015
- Dysmar: Angela, i love how in detail you write your story....
- AngelaVieux: Thank you for your response. I heard about how you...
- Mary Quigg: Angela, reading your story brought back memories o...
- AngelaVieux: I have not but that may be a good option....
- AngelaVieux: Hi Dena! Here is the link to the mango salsa: htt...