I’m the type of person who doesn’t like to toss food. If I can find a way to extend the shelf life of something, I will. So when my banana’s were just on the verge of turning, I peeled them, wrapped them in saran wrap and tossed them in the fridge. I knew they would be able to serve their purpose soon enough. And oh boy did they.
These blondies are a cross between a brownie and a cake. The texture is light, moist and pretty fluffy, especially for being grain free. I have yet to make them with fresh bananas so I don’t know how that would affect the texture. As for the flavor, I don’t think you can go wrong either way.
- 2 bananas (mine were previously frozen)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
The How To:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas.
- Add all ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour batter in.
- Cook for 35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and pull out of loaf pan to let cool. Cut and serve.