I have tried MANY paleo pancake recipes and just can’t seem to find one that I like. So, I decided to try to come up with one of mine own and I have to say, I’m pretty happy with the results. These aren’t pancakes that I will make a lot (mostly because we seldom have bananas in our house), but also because of the high sugar level in bananas. But I do have to say, when there are bananas lieing around browning, we will definitely be having a banana pancake morning.
THE GOOD STUFF
- 2 small bananas, very ripe (or 1 large one)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Ghee or coconut oil for frying
- In a bowl combine cinnamon, nutmeg, almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- In another bow, mash bananas until they are well mashed.
- Add eggs and coconut milk to banana mash and mix until well combined.
- Pour dry mixture into banana mixture and stir until mixed.
- Heat oil or ghee in frying pan on med/low heat.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup and scoop batter into hot frying pan. With your finger tips, gently flatten out the scoop in the pan, being careful not to burn yourself.
- Let cook for a couple minutes, then flip.