You know bacon is a serious part of our world when you start seeing products like bacon ice cream, bacon bandages, bacon cocktails…. and the list goes on. I love using bacon with everything, but who doesn’t! This is one of my favorite (and easiest) treats to make when I am going to a party or hosting friends. They are always a treat and will go quickly!
THE IMPORTANT STUFF:
- Dates (I usually make 2 to 3 per person)
- Goat cheese (about 1 tsp per date)
- Bacon (1/2 slice per date)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Pit all of your dates by cutting a slice in them and pulling out the pits.
- Insert about 1 teaspoon of goat cheese into the middle of each date.
- Wrap each date in 1/2 strip of bacon.
- Place a wire cooling rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Place each date on the wire rack seem side down.
- Bake for 15 minutes then flip the dates and bake the other side an additional 10 – 15 minutes.
These are also super yummy cold the next day! If you don’t want to use cheese you can also stuff them with nuts or any other filling of your choice.