BACON! BACON! BACON!!! Is it the smell? The saltiness? The flavor? The fat? Who knows, but one thing I know for sure is EVERYONE loves it. And for those few who don’t, well I personally don’t think they’re human! I actually stumbled across bacon salt somewhere, at some point (ya, I know, completely pointless comment), and decided to make it myself. Who says Paleo has to be boring when you can make your own seasonings like bacon salt!?! It’s good sprinkled on veggies, eggs, fish, hell anything! It also makes a cool gift for others! Enjoy!
I make mine with 3 strips of bacon per cup of salt. You can make more or less depending on how bacony you want yours. Also, make sure you cook your bacon well. You don’t want it too fatty or the salt will become wet and sticky. As for the sea salt, you whatever courseness you like. I got the really course sea salt then put half of the amount I used in a coffee grinder to make it finer, then mixed it all together.
The Good Stuff:
- Sea Salt
- Bacon (about 3-4 strips / cup of sea salt)
The How To:
- Cook your bacon, either in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes on an aluminum lined pan or on top of your oven.
- Pat it dry to get as much grease up as possible then toss in a coffee grinder and grind until it is really fine or almost a paste. If you don’t have a coffee grinder, you can chop it up by hand but make sure it is fine.
- Mix your bacon “paste” and salt together until well mixed.
- Store in an airtight container and pass out as gifts or horde it for yourself…
Mix salt and bacon together well.