I recently ran the A1A Marathon in Ft. Lauderdale as somewhat of an experiment. I wanted to see how my time would be with no distance training in more than 14 months. I have actively been involved in the S. Florida running community. I ran my first half-marathon in 2005 with the Leukemia & Lymphoma […]
Author Archive | Vaughan
Here’s a random shot of the “Queen” on her throne! She’s hilarious… We came home the other day and she took a pillow off of the couch, dragged it to her throne and sat on top of it. I guess she wasn’t satisfied with the amount of cushion that the chair alone provided.
Sometimes a small, seemingly insignificant choice can change our lives… Here’s mine… A few days ago, after completing a WOD* at Crossfit Delray Beach, Allegra, the Director of Ops, asked me to hang around for a few minutes. She said that Sarah, the owner of the box, had something to talk to me about. I […]
OK… So to help make everyone look like a Mr. Smarty-Pants know-it-all… We are adding this schedule for your planning convenience. Even though it’s really none of your business and should be a surprise, we would hate for you to miss out on the flash mob happening at exactly 3:27pm. (No, not really) Friday The […]
Hello Everyone! We’ve been getting a lot of emails asking us where to park etc.. Delray Beach is having their annual Tree Lighting Ceremony Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings so Downtown Delray will be PACKED! Fortunately for us (and you), the festivities do not start for them until 5pm so you shouldn’t have any issues […]
Can you feel that??? That’s the nervous excitement you’re feeling and it’s all coming from this house! We are so excited that our BIG DAY is almost here! We are so excited to share this special day with each and every one of you! If there is anything we can do for you let us […]
Is it really 13 days and counting? Where does the time go? I guess when you take on all the planning duties, things can get hectic! We’ve been feverishly crafting ovah here and can’t wait to see everyone! If you haven’t RSVP’ed, please do so asap!
I know we promised that we would update you when other guests would find outfits that fit the “Speakeasy” era… Well, thanks to a fine lady-friend, we came across a couple of cool dresses! The collection is called “1943” but don’t let that stop you; it’s VERY 1930’s style. http://www.shabbyapple.com/c-49-1943.aspx
Just wanted to give you all a heads-up! The last day to book your rooms for the discounted room rates is fast approaching. Most hotels have a 48 hour cancellation policy so even if you aren’t sure about needing/wanting a hotel room, it can’t hurt to reserve one just in case! We have room blocks […]
I was going through some pictures today, trying to find some new shots of Angela and I when I came across this one of our buddy Bailey. So I had to share! He was very cautious and reserved when Angela first started coming around. But like all of us, he saw exactly what we saw […]
- Homemade Grain Free Dog Treats August 8, 2012
- The Invitation October 17, 2011
- Paleo Apple Butter May 14, 2012
- Our Wedding – A 30’s Themed Affair to Remember July 23, 2012
- Sweet Potato Brownies May 29, 2012
- Happy Mothers Day to ALL the AMAZING moms out there! May 8, 2016
- Spuni – Bassils first spoon March 24, 2016
- My birth story… March 23, 2016
- Being a baby’s chef…. March 22, 2016
- A letter to my husband on his first Fathers Day June 21, 2015
- Dysmar: Angela, i love how in detail you write your story....
- AngelaVieux: Thank you for your response. I heard about how you...
- Mary Quigg: Angela, reading your story brought back memories o...
- AngelaVieux: I have not but that may be a good option....
- AngelaVieux: Hi Dena! Here is the link to the mango salsa: htt...