When I saw this recipe cross over my computer, I started drooling at the thought of eating pizza again! I couldn’t wait to give it a try. I do wish I could say it is paleo. It is completely grain free but it does contain cheese. For me, I try to avoid grain at all cost, but cheese is my go to treat from time to time. My body doesn’t seem to be bothered by it so I allow myself this little pleasure.
I am going to mess with the recipe this weekend and see if I can come up with a substitution to reduce the amount of cheese.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup cheese of choice (I prefer a salty cheese like a gouda)
- 1 egg
- Pizza Sauce
- Pizza toppings of choice
THE HOW TO
- Grate the cauliflower on a cheese grater until you have about 1.5 cups. You can use a food processor, just be careful not to make it mushy.
- Place 1.5 cups of the grated cauliflower in the microwave for 8 minutes.
- Pull out and allow the cauliflower to cool completely.
- Once cooled, mix together cauliflower, egg, cheese and preferred pizza seasonings.
- Place the entire mixture on top of a lightly oiled sheet tray or a pizza stone. (I prefer the stone which will make your pizza crispier.)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes
- Pull the crust out of the oven and turn the oven up to broil.
- Top your pizza with pizza sauce and any toppings you prefer.
- Place back in the oven and let broil until all the toppings are hot.
My personal favorite is mushrooms, roasted garlic, canadian bacon and pineapple. YUM! Enjoy!